Friends Job Posting September 2017
Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
The Friends of the Mukwonago River, a grassroots non-profit organization located in Southeastern Wisconsin, seeks a part-time Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to design and deliver community education programs, plan and deliver opportunities for people to explore the Mukwonago River Watershed, and engage residents and users of the watershed.
We seek a dynamic go-getter who has knowledge of the Mukwonago River watershed and experience with environmental education programming. The successful candidate will work to make our watershed protection and restoration efforts successful by raising community awareness of the unique and fragile nature of the watershed and engaging people in the long-term restoration and protection of the watershed.
1. Develop, promote and deliver programs that educate a wide variety of audiences (students of various ages, members of social service organizations, government officials, etc.) about the Mukwonago River Watershed, the aspects that make it unique, and the actions that are necessary to protect and preserve it.
2. Create and distribute information about the watershed through a variety of print, social and electronic media, and use these platforms to engage people in the Friends’ mission.
3. Develop, promote and lead (or recruit others to lead) an annual schedule of day hikes and paddles in and/or around the watershed.
• B.A./B.S. with 2 years experience in environmental studies, conservation, education, or a similar field (additional experience may substitute for a degree)
• Experience with environmental education or conservation and an understanding of ecology and watershed protection
• Experience planning and leading groups of novices on day hikes and paddles
• Strong organizational skills to carry out multiple projects within time and cost constraints
• Knowledge of effective techniques for informing and engaging the public
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups (ages, interests, backgrounds)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Basic computer skills (word processor, spreadsheet, database, web content management)
This is a one year renewable contract for up to 500 hours per year. The Board of Directors will provide strategic direction and set project goals and objectives. The contractor will independently carry out assignments and will regularly report to the Board on progress. This is a contract position and does not provide benefits.
Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: September 30, 2017
The Friends of the Mukwonago River was founded in 1999. Its mission is to protect the Mukwonago River and its associated watershed ecosystems by way of education, advocacy, and promotion of sound land use throughout the watershed. Online at www.mukwonagoriver.org/.